István Széchenyi Economics and Management Doctoral School
Doctoral Studies Office
István Széchenyi Management and Organisation Sciences Doctoral School
Alexandre Lámfalussy Faculty of Economics
9400 Sopron, Erzsébet u. 9.
Doctoral Studies Organisers
Head: Prof. Dr. Csilla Obádovics, university professor
Doctoral coordinator: Ildikó Tóth Petróné
Telephone: (99) 518-106
Doctoral Studies Programs
- Business Administration and Management
- International Economy
- Human Resources
Required attachments for application form
- curriculum vitae
- a certified copies of university degree and registration book;
- document(s) certifying foreign language knowledge;
- documented presentation of scientific and publishing activities (documentation of professional activity: academic competition, special printout of publications, diplomas, etc.); for individual applicants, documentation of the scientific (publication) activity;
- a detailed research plan and proposal for the supervisor;
- for cost-reimbursement students, proof of research institute providing the research conditions (this may be a department or a research institute);
- a criminal record certificate
- written opinions of at least one recognized expert in the study field, if possible. For individual applicants, a letter of recommendation from an outstanding internationally renowned Hungarian expert in the same field of expertise as the applicant.
You may apply to doctoral studies, if you
- have at least a university degree (MA / MSc) in the chosen discipline with the necessary basic professional knowledge corresponding to the nature of the chosen discipline. The council of the given doctoral school can only examine the requirements for a quality degree in the light of well-established facts..
- have at least a secondary (B2) complex state-recognized language exam from English and another official language of UN;
- propose a research topic that is worthy of cultivation and fits into the profile of the Doctoral School. Updated Topic Announcements are announced starting from February 15th every year.
Application deadline: May 31 annually
Application interview place and time
Applicants will be notified of the place and exact date of their admission (June of the given year).
Admission decision: expected mid-July of the given year.
Other information on recruitment and training are available in the Rules and Procedures.
Prof. Dr. Csilla Obádovics
Head, Doctoral School